I read a couple of these “20 things about me” post an instragram and in Blog post and thought, I’d join the fun. I even found blogs with 30 or 100 things about them. I took the idea of 20 facts, I found more to be too much. Yet, even a hundred things wouldn’t even begin to cover a person 😉
Feel free to read and learn and, most of all, get inspired and put it on your side too.
If you like, leave a link in the comment section, I would love to read your 20 facts about me.
- Life is beautiful!
- I learned to knit through youtube. My mom and my grandma gave up on teaching me when I was a child. Both thought I had no talent whatsoever for needlework.
- I try to be on time but something makes the clocks tick faster the closer it gets to the set time to be some place/meet somebody. Its the universe, not me.
- I am a morning person. Unless pregnant.
- My cousin made me watch “Event Horizon” at age 13. I was scared to death and cannot watch Thriller or Horror movies. And even action movie sometimes make me leave the room if it gets too thrilling.
- In high school I bought a whole chocolate bar on my way home. Everyday. I ate it too. Everyday. I always have chocolate in the house. And I can still eat it as a main meal.
- This is my favorite number.
- I am the oldest of two siblings. My sister is 5 1/2 years younger. (I always wished for a older brother though.)
- I barely drink coffee except for Starbucks Java Chip Frappuccino (in Summer). Second best is their Vanilla Latte (in Winter).
- I am very thankful for my husband and my two children. Sometimes I watch them at night to burn their images and all the memories we have together into my brain. I am so endlessly scared of forgetting this life as we experience it right now.
- I am a typical Aries: Energetic, strong-willed, curious, confident and persevering.
- I never put two same colored clothespins next to each other. Except for wood pins. I believe that these are all different trees.
- I met my husband at a lecture on “Media Psychology” on December 2nd, 2003 at 5:50 pm (a Tuesday) at the “Großer Hörsaal” at Franckische Stiftungen in Halle, Germany. We were a couple two days later, married five years to the day after our first “official” date on December 4th 2008.
- If I could pick a place to live, the ocean would be in hearing and walking distance (and at least in summer warm enough to swim in).
- We have a big TV set and yet only watch TV for “Das Sandmännchen” (Good Night Story for young children, lasting 8 to 10 minutes every night at 6:50 pm). It has been broadcast since 1959. I watched it too when I was a child and remember some episodes.
- My Au pair year was an amazing year. I had the perfect family and two wonderful boys who gave me great memories I still live of from. If, at the time not possible, I could have stayed one more year, I would have.
- I love being creative, crafting, knitting, sewing. I can start a thousand projects at once and then get lost in details. That’s way I try to get knitting projects done as soon as possible. Put away they are doomed to hibernate forever. Pinterest made it even worse, but at least now I can remember what I also wanted to do/try/learn.
- I am taking my mobile phone everywhere. Its main used function is the camera option. I take several pictures every day. (Remember #10) we also own a Canon Eos D50. If only this would fit into normal sized jacket pockets!
- Time is limited which is way I strongly support the proposal of a 48 hour day. Or at least for a sleep optimization update to the brain. This would lead to more #17. I’d love it.
- My favorite color is rainbow.